Hairdresser shows hair ‘boiling’ in Clorox bleach in video viewed 2.7 million times

A professional hairstylist went viral online after reminding viewers that household bleaching products are not safe to use on hair.

Social media personality and head stylist at Tone Hair Salon in North Carolina, Leda Fazal, has turned heads with one of her recent experiences. Fazal uses his account to share hair care tips and hair coloring test methods, and his new educational video, released on July 16, has been viewed over 2.7 million times and has collected over 342,000 likes of horrified viewers.

Fazal explained to News week that she decided to share the dangers of using bleach on her hair based on her experiences in the salon.

“Honestly, I got the idea because clients often use the word fade in the salon when they want to lighten their hair,” she said. “It made me think if people really thought bleach could be the same thing, especially knowing that a guest used bleach a long time ago and was sent to the emergency room. . “

Fazal begins her video by saying, “I can’t believe I’m going to do this,” as she grabs a bottle of Clorox bleach that promotes a “concentrated formula” and promises that it ” kills 99.9% of germs “. She pours a few tablespoons into a transparent cup and prepares two pieces of human hair on the table next to it.

“I mean, I know you know it’s not the same as what we use in the salon. I also don’t want anyone to think about it and destroy their hair,” Fazal continues.

Hoping to discourage viewers from performing an at-home hair lightening treatment with Clorox bleach, she explains her plans for the experiment.

“So we’re going to let this soak, and I’m going to do a regular hair bleach strand as well,” Fazal said.

As she brews a separate cup of “30 volume powder hair bleach,” the hair soaked in Clorox begins to chemically react from the side. “I thought it sparkled. It was boiling! She writes in a text box overlay over the video.

Fazal then shares the reason for his last hair experiment. “Believe it or not, we had a guest, she was young, she put Clorox bleach on her scalp and she ended up going to the hospital with a lot of burns and bad stuff.” , she explains. “So please don’t do this.”

In a second video, Fazal reveals the horrific results. Trying to pick up the wick in the Clorox mug, she notices that it is hot to the touch and so damaged that chunks of hair have broken off.

“You guys, it’s hot. Like, it’s hot,” she said, almost at a loss for words. “Yeah. Oh my God, that just broke off. It’s… wow.

“Just to clear things up, this has now broken down, and it’s only been less than a minute,” reiterates Fazal.

She then turns to the professionally processed strand and shows how the right product started to safely lighten hair in the same amount of time.

Fazal said News week she was shocked by the results. “To my surprise, the hair fell apart in two minutes! she said. “I really didn’t expect this.”

Viewers were horrified by the results. “How do people not know not to put bleach in their hair …”, commented one of them. “That’s why I refuse to call it ‘bleach’, I call it lightening so that it can help with the confusion, I believe,” noted another.

Some have even shared their own terrifying encounters with hair discoloration accidents. “My grandfather did this when he was a kid, lost all of his hair and was bald all his life,” one viewer commented. “I cut some of my hair and put it in bleach overnight and the next morning there was no more hair in the bleach, it dissolved”, said another.

“The overflow of comments reinforced for me that people are actually trying this,” Fazal said. “I’m really glad I made these videos because I hope I saved some hair and scalps from this tragedy.”

Although the Clorox website does not offer any official statements on the use of bleach on hair, it strongly advises against ingesting bleach. “Bleach and other disinfectants are not suitable for consumption or injection under any circumstances,” the company said. “People should always read the label for the proper use instructions.”

Clorox has issued statements condemning the consumption of bleach after former President Donald Trump suggested that injecting “disinfectant” could be useful as a treatment for COVID-19. After receiving numerous reactions for his comments, Trump later claimed they were made “sarcastically.”

“I see the disinfectant – where it drops it in a minute, a minute. And is there a way to do something like this, injecting inside or almost cleaning? Trump asked during a press briefing in April 2020, before reverting to the suggestion a day later.

A professional hairstylist has gone viral on TikTok for her educational video reminding viewers that they should never use household cleaning products like bleach to lighten their hair color.
Chris DELMAS / AFP / Getty Images

In 2019, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a statement advising Americans not to consume “Miracle Mineral Solution”, a line of products marketed as a medical treatment, because the drinks contained bleach.

“The FDA drug approval process ensures that patients receive safe and effective drugs. Miracle Mineral Solution and similar products are not approved by the FDA, and the ingestion of these products is the same as that to drink bleach. Consumers should not use these products, and parents should not give these products to their children for any reason, “said the Acting Commissioner of Canada at the time. FDA, Ned Sharpless, MD.

In April 2021, a 62-year-old Florida man and his three adult sons were charged with allegedly selling and marketing MMS as a “miracle” cure for COVID-19 and other ailments. The family reportedly sold bleach for many years before the emergence of COVID, operating as the Genesis II Church of Health and Healing, a self-proclaimed “non-religious church”.

Clorox also notes on its website that while their bleach can be used to disinfect surfaces “to help stop the spread of COVID-19,” they are not safe for human consumption.

“Our products are safe when used correctly. It is essential that everyone understands the facts in order to stay safe and healthy, which is why we continue to educate people on how to use disinfectants. safely and effectively against COVID-19, ”the company said. .

News week contacted Clorox for further comment but did not receive a response in time for the post.

In early July, another woman spoke to TikTok, claiming that her hair was “breaking at the root” after her hairdresser took her lunch break while her hair was being treated. “Think about the time I chemically straightened my hair and the chick left for lunch and it grew and half of my hair broke at the root,” the text reads at the end of the line. video screen.

Another TikTok hairstylist received intense backlash online after reporting that she billed one of her clients $ 1,950 for a recent haircut and color change. As one reviewer put it, “It’s a down payment on a car.”

Update 7/30 at 1:30 p.m. to include the statements Fazal posted to Newsweek about the viral videos.


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *